6/25/09

Wasatch Back

I had the best time this last weekend with the ladys! We ran in the wasatch back relay which is 188 miles from Logan to Park City. Our team consisted of 12 members, 6 guys and 6 gals. The guys were in the 1st van and we were in the 2nd. I had a blast and I have never been challenged so physically and mentally before in my life! It was a great feeling of accomplishment and I am so glad that I was able to participate in this event!
On our way up to the race.
Here is a picture of our whole team minus one (he was out running).
After our 1st leg it was around midnight so we stopped @ a lodge to change out of our sweaty clothes and tried to get some shut eye before our next leg (that didnt happen- we didnt sleep a wink, we were in our van for 2 days)!
Day 2- still smiling!!!

OK here is the part where I was challenged beyond means! I had to run the hill called Ragnar - this is where I climberd 2000 ft in just 3 miles! No break, no flat roads, nothing but straight UP hill! Luckily it was so beautiful, I just wish I could had enjoyed it more but I was in serious leg pain!
Becky running in at the finish line! Here we met up with her and ran across together. It took us about 27 hours and 30 minutes to finish this race. We actually finished an hour ahead of schedule. Waiting at the finish line - it started pouring down rain right when we crossed.
Great weekend! Can't wait until next year!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, good for you! That is so crazy, I don't think I could ever do anything like that!

Shel said...

So fun! Totally jealous.

The Wards said...

That is so AWESOME!!! I didn't even realize you were doing this race. You are incredible to do all these races you've been doing, and I know it takes so much hard work (for the actual race and to get to the point of being able to race!!!). I know we've visited a little at church, but I never feel like I have time to have a good conversation and I would LOVE to hear more details on your summer and the runs you've been involved in! You really are amazing - CONGRATS!!!
Love ya!

The Wards said...

Forgot to mention how fun it was to see your cute wedding and engagement pictures!! Happy Anniversary!

Macon Family said...

You're awesome!

Susan said...

You're so amazing! Sounds like you guys had so much fun.

Allison said...

Wow I can't believe you did that. Good for you!

Gilbert Family said...

that Radnar hill looked BRUTAL...good for you for doing it though, you are SUPERWOMAN!

Beck said...

You are not only superwoman but you are a disco diva, super star, an animal, AMAZING, hmmm what else were some catch phrases we said over and over again? Seriously it was SO hard. yet we still want to do it again next year. haha! We are so hard core :) You have to watch the YouTube videos on the Ragnar website under the comminity tab. It will make you miss it. You were definately MVP in Van 2 girl!

bledsoeblog said...

You go girl! Go run another marathon will ya so my guilt will overcome me!!!! You are amazing!

Heidichilds said...

Good job tasha that looks...long! Can't wait to see your cute fam on thursday!